-->

Download the Android App of THE TALKING PEN

Friday 23 September 2016

Majnu's Mercedes (a poem)


MAJNU'S MERCEDES

by Asif Uzzaman


Majnu, Mad lover, Mercedes, Heartbroken

Now, I am fed up; fed up with this running,
Fed up running barefoot, after her, all the time.

Why should I continue? Tell me, why should I continue,
Why should I continue to be an evergreen rhyme?

Don't you think I feel bad being same for ages?
Don't you feel I need my story modified?

Why should Majnu remain a madman, why should he?
Why cannot you storytellers make me shine?

Okay, I love Laila, I love her a lot!
But why such madness you depict in your rhyme?

I am depicted as a lunatic, for only loving my love,
Haven't the writers-poets done a very serious crime?

I also want luxury; I want a castle and Mercedes,
Yes, love can dwell in castles, if that's the norm of time.

© Asif Uzzaman




No comments: