-->

Download the Android App of THE TALKING PEN

Saturday 26 November 2016

My Grave Being Dug (poem)


GRAVE BEING DUG



Wind blows across dusty cemetery,
And carries away dust from its ground.
All that I can do is to stand and see,
The dust dancing around.
Agents of nature are busy constructing my hut for afterlife of mine,
I am silently watching, my grave being dug with time.

Death poem horror grave cemetery
Image Source : Pinterest

Goats eat up the weeds and grass,
And make the ground clear to dig.
Birds eat up the worms and pass,
Then sit on the nearby fig.
All are busy eroding the earth and building up my rhyme,
I am silently watching, my grave being dug with time.

All’s grave being dug up I find,
Some pay heed, most don’t care.
Death will embrace you in time,
Barricaded’ll then be your prayers.
Until the time comes to depart, let yourselves brightly shine,
I am silently watching, my grave being dug with time.

© Asif Uzzaman


No comments: