-->

Download the Android App of THE TALKING PEN

Saturday 12 December 2015

Night at the Mermaids' Pond (a poem of childhood fantasy) by Asif Uzzaman






The moon was shining, sky was bright,
I was seeing the sight, it was midnight.

The flow of the pond slows down,
I hear a voice singing a song.

I threw a stone into the pond,
A sweet shriek then echoed around.

"How sweet a voice it is!" I thought in my mind,
Suddenly mermaids jumped out - of many kind.

Some were red, some pink and some brown,
Yes, yes, to see them I am first in the town.

They swam round and round around,
Making a soothing sweet sound.

They bade goodnight and went down,
This was the night at mermaids' pond.

- Asif Uzzaman

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome bro..... hila Diye tum to.......... Nalin nishant

Asif Uzzaman said...

Thank you. :-)